At White & Company Financial Planning, Inc., an independent financial planning firm, we value your business and we want to let you know where we stand on a crucial topic: customer information and privacy. We are committed to safeguarding the confidential information of each of our clients. We hold all personal information provided to our firm in the strictest confidence.
These records include all personal information that we collect from you in connection with any of the services provided by us. We have never disclosed information to nonaffiliated third parties, except as described in this Privacy Statement or as permitted by law, and do not anticipate doing so in the future.
- We limit employee and agent access to information only to those who have a business or professional reason for knowing, and only to nonaffiliated parties as permitted by law.
- We maintain a secure office and computer environment to ensure that your information is not placed at unreasonable risk.
- The categories of nonpublic personal information that we collect from a client depend upon the scope of the client engagement. It will include information about your personal finances, information about your health to the extent that it is needed for the planning process, information about transactions between you and third parties, and information from consumer reporting agencies.
- For unaffiliated third parties that require access to your personal information, including financial service companies, consultants and auditors, we also require strict confidentiality in our agreements with them and expect them to keep this information private. Federal and state regulators also may review firm records as permitted under law.
- We do not provide your personally identifiable information to mailing list vendors or solicitors for any purpose.
- Personally identifiable information about you will be maintained during the time you are a client, and for the required time thereafter that such records are required to be maintained by federal and state laws. After this required period of record retention, all such information will be destroyed.
White & Company Financial Planning, Inc. may also share your personally identifiable information with the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (CFP Board) as part of complying with the CFP Board’s Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility. If you prefer that we do not disclose your nonpublic personal information to the CFP Board you can simply opt-out of this disclosure by contacting us.
Please call if you have any questions, because your privacy, our professional ethics and the ability to provide you with quality financial services are very important to us.