HOW LONG DO I KEEP ACCOUNTING RECORDS?
- Bank Statements and Cancelled Checks - 5 Years
- Check Registers - 5 Years
- Credit Card Statements - 5 Years
- Customer Invoices - 5 Years
- Accounts Payable Invoices - 5 Years
- Inventory Records - 4 Years
- Petty Cash Records - 4 Years
- Entertainment, Gift and Gratuity Records - 4 Years
- Excise Tax Reports - 5 Years
- General Ledger - 5 Years
HOW LONG DO I KEEP PAYROLL RECORDS?
- Employee Time Cards - 5 Years
- Employee Contracts (after termination) - 5 Years
- Employee Withholding Records - 5 Years
- Garnishments - 5 Years
- Payroll Checks - 5 Years
- Payroll Tax Reports and W-2s - 5 Years
- Personnel Terminations - 5 Years
HOW LONG DO I KEEP INCOME TAX RECORDS?
- Income Tax Returns - Permanent
- Depreciation Schedules - 5 Years
- Property Tax Bills and Statements - 5 Years
- Investment Purchase Records (after sale) - 4 Years
HOW LONG DO I KEEP FINANCIAL STATEMENTS, CONTRACTS, ETC?
- Annuity and Deferred Payment Plans - Permanent
- Contracts - Permanent
- Financial Statements - Permanent
- Lease and Property Records - Permanent
- Minutes and Corporate Stock Records - Permanent
- General Correspondence - 4 Years